CCIS Reference Guide - Page 65
- Select Maintenance | Promotion.
- Enter the activity number or select the activity from the Description drop-down list box to locate the activity whose members you want to promote.
- Enter the date range of the members enrollment in the activity.
- Select the Retain members in activity after promotion check box if you want to keep the members in the original activity. This feature allows you to perform promotions before the fact. You can remove the members from the
activity when the promotion is effective, either in Activities Management or through Query.
- Enter the new activity number or select the activity from the Description drop-down list box to locate the activity to which you want to promote members.
- Select the position that most of the members will have in the activity.
- Enter the effective date of the members’ enrollment in the activity.
- the check box for each member that you want to promote or
- the Select All button to select all members or
- the Clear All button to deselect all members.
- Select the check boxes for members you do or do not want to promote if you chose the Select All or Clear All button in step 8.
- Select each member’s position within the new activity if their position is not the default you chose in step 6.
- Select the OK button.
Addresses – Import/Export
CCIS is designed so that you can export family and member names and addresses to an address
correction program. You must use a CASS certified address correction program to receive the
discount that the post office gives for bulk mail rates. After the program corrects your addresses,
you can import them into CCIS. CCIS imports and exports to dBASE, Paradox, ASCII Fixed
Length, ASCII Comma Delimited, and ASCII Tab Delimited file formats.
- Select Maintenance | Addresses | Export.
- Enter the file name that you want to give the address file.
- Enter or select the drive, directory, and extension of the address file that you want to export.
- Select the OK button.
To import names and addresses back into CCIS correctly, you must make sure that the export file
(that you create in your CASS-certified address correction program) has fields that are in the
exact order and length of the file that we created for export. Your file must also be in one of five
formats – dBASE (.DBF), Paradox (.DB), ASCII fixed length (.TXT), ASCII comma delimited
(.CSV), or ASCII tab delimited (.TSV).